July 31, 2009

The Honest Scrap Award

One of the members of my blog family decided I have a brilliant blog and chose to pass me the Honest Scrap Award. Thanks Queen Bee!


I'd like to first and foremost thank God for blessing me with this award. I'd like to thank my mother for instilling honesty in me. I'd like to thank all members of my blog family and all those that "stroke my ego" -joined my blog- for allowing me to be honest and open with them about my life and all those things I go through. I've been blogging since Aug 28 2005 and I've never received any awards, so this means a lot to me.


The rules were for me to:
(1) Brag about the award..----Check!


(2) Choose seven blogs I find brilliant and link to them.. ---Check!


The 7 blogs I find to be brilliant and also haven't already been given this award are:
(In ABC Order)

Another Day One


(3) List 10 honest things about myself.

  1. I love chocolate bars, but can't stand the taste of chocolate cake.

  2. When I was younger, the kids I went to school with were horrible to Africans. They would say that we stink, we eat elephant, etc. So for a long time I told people I was Jamaican to hide the fact that I was African. Now, I love being African and I feel liberated knowing that we have a Black President.
  3. I used to be a town boy! Wore baggy jeans, sneakers, wore my hair in a pony tail and did all kinds of wild things.
  4. I have really big ego which translates into confidence and I come across to some people as arrogant.
  5. When I was younger I was a Daddy's girl and then things switched around and I'm a mommy's girl. I forget to call my dad for weeks and he lives right here in NY, but I call my mom everyday and she lives in RI.
  6. When I cook dinner I sit and stare at my fiance to see what his reaction will be to the food.
  7. I went to a different school for every grade during elementary school.
  8. I have a friendly relationship with my ex boyfriend that Coco Puff doesn't know about.
  9. I'm more insecure now about my body after losing over 60 pounds then I did when I was 230 pounds. There just wasn't any pressure then....
  10. I was born with a cataract in my right eye and I'm legally blind in that eye. I hardly notice it at all because I still have peripheral vision, but I'll never be able to experience seing things in 3D.

7 comments:

QueenBee said...

It's interesting to find out things about people that we don't know especially to someone who is on her blogger list. And to answer your question from my blog, it was a mistake because there was no love between us, it was just sex. It didn't even mean anything. It wasn't even worth talking about.

Johnny Brash said...

why you gotta be friendly with the ex lol

Ms. Wanda said...

Hi, Thanks for coming by my blog today:) I love your site! Congrat's on your award:)

MOMSWEB said...

WHAT?! You don't like chocolate cake? Oh my goodness...I'm going to have a piece right now in your honor (lol).

Congratulations on your blog awards!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

QueenBee

I agree that it is good to learn things about our blog family.

I understand what you mean @ answer.

Johnny

He's not my BFF or anything.

Ms Wanda

Thanks for returning the love. Please make sure you join my blog to keep updated on the things I have to chat about.

MomsWeb

LOL
Enjoy!

Luv said...

you deserve this award because I have been following you since 2005 and you not only have been honest but you have been so down to earth

Alli said...

Hey I will do this if it's not too late. I have been a little under the weather the past few days...
umm where do I answer on my blog? lol

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin