September 15, 2009

Research, Research, Everywhere


I'm sitting in my research methodology course right now sitting in front of this darn computer trying to do research.

What am I researching??
Where do I begin??

I have no clue.

I have to come up with a research problem that is clear and carfully stated. It has to address an important problem related to students with special needs. It has to address a problem that can be interpretable, researchable, can be tested on the students in my class and add to the body of knowledge.

Where am I going to get this question from?

I can't even get my thoughts together.

I'm thinking of all types of things...
The purpose of this study is to determine the effect of a Collaborative Team Teaching (CTT) Class on students with disabilities versus a Self Contained class?

The purpose of this study is to determine the effectivenes of Harcourt Storytown on students with disabilities in the areas of reading and writing.

The purpose of this study is to evaluate Teachers perceptions on the effectivenes of Harcourt Storytown on students with disabilities in the areas of reading and writing.

I'm sitting here fighting back hunger pangs, begging my eyes to stay open, and trying to beat the urge to walk out of here and go home to rest with my Coco Puff.

6 comments:

Azazel said...

Lol hmm. Wat a suck ass day for u mentor.

Barbara said...

I have the same feelings and issues towards research. Man, it is such a frickin' process. Getting started is the hardest part. I too am sitting with scrambled thoughts around my thesis...

Good luck with coming up with a focus that you are happy with.

Crazy Shenanigans-JMO said...

Haha! I can remember sitting in my research classes surfing the internet trying to do anything but research!
Good luck!

MOMSWEB said...

How funny! I'm telling the teacher! LOL!

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Controversy,

Your time will come.

Ms. Barb B & Crazy Shenanigans,

What did you do your thesis on???

QueenBee said...

Be steadfast, unmoveable.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin