August 15, 2005

JenellyBean: The Critic


This Weekend I went to see:

"Four Brothers"

Starring: (Left to Right)
Tyrese Gibson, Mark Wahlberg, Andre Benjamin, Garrett Hedlund
Directed by:
John Singleton
Produced by:
Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, Richard Kidney, Ric Kidney

Genres: Drama and Crime/Gangster
Release Date: August 12th, 2005 (wide).
MPAA Rating: R for strong violence, pervasive language and some sexual content..
Distributor: Paramount Pictures

My Summary
Four Adopted Brothers return home for the funeral of their "mother", Evelyn Mercer, who was shot in a convenience store during a "robbery". The brothers have a feeling that the death of their mother wasn't accidental and they go on a quest to find out what really happened.
You didn't think I was going to tell you the whole movie did you?

My Review
When watched by the "targeted audience" this movie makes a grave impression. This movie was one of the best movies I've paid to go see in a while. There wasn't a moment when I wasn't entrapped within the twisted plot. The story line itself was very interesting as well as entertaining.

The acting was great! Mark Wahlberg "Bobby" kept the momentum going--He's hilarious! In the movie, he has a temper shorter then a grain of rice and he plays the eldest brother and he surely acts the part to a 'T'. Coming from a family of 10, where I lie number 8, I know first hand the relationship of siblings and I can honestly say, aside from the extreme violence, the relationships the characters had with each other were very realistic. Garrett Hedlund "Jack" played the youngest brother very well. He was continuously nagged by his older brothers and clueless as to what was going on, but always wanted to be part of the mix. Andre Benjamin "Jeremiah" plays the role of the responsible brother while the other three are basically fuck ups, for lack of a better term, he has a house, wife, two children, and a self owned business. During the movie he plays a very suspicious role and is ultimately brought up on serious allegations by his brothers. Tyrese Gibson "Angel" was looking all good and chocolatey as usual--Ooooh Weee!... I mean...ummm... he was the brother who was all about the ladies, well just one woman in particular. He hadn't even been back in town for 24 hrs and he was running to go get his ex girlfriend.

Let me tell you one scene....

The brothers all decided to go to their mothers house to put things in order after the funeral and Angel was the only one who didn't even attend the funeral. Upon entering their old home the vibe was off now that their mother is dead. They all retreat to their old bedrooms and to their surprise, years later, their mother kept their rooms the exact same ways they left them. Angel tells his brothers that he needs to walk outside for some fresh air and his brothers don't believe him. I'll try to deliver the dialogue to the scene as best as I can:

Angel: "Yo, I gotta take a walk and get a breath of fresh air."
Bobby: "Fresh air? Damn Angel you ain't been in town for a day and you already running behind some girl?"
Angel: "I ain't running behind no girl, I just need to get some fresh air!"
Bobby: "You a lie, you know you trying to go get that crazy bitch 'La Vida Loca', but that crazy bitch don't want you, she's at home right now getting some monster dick, she is not worried about you.
(All brothers laugh)
Angel: "Yea whatever" (and he leaves)
The scene cuts and you see Angel and this girl running through the streets in their underwear. They are being chased by a man in a car who is shooting at them! Guess who the crazy man shooting at them is? It's her present boyfriend!
This scene was too funny.

There were many action filled scenes that had me cringing, screaming, tearing, laughing and clapping all up in the theatre. :-P I couldn't help myself--It's a good movie.

My rating: A


HOW WOULD YOU RATE THIS MOVIE? WHY?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin