November 22, 2005

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Psalm 136
O give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good, his mercy endureth for ever


This Thanksgiving I am not going home to New York to spend the Holiday with my father, step-mother, younger brother, and little sister. I will spend the season in the little town of Woonsocket, Rhode Island, with my mother, step-father, and my Coco Puff.

My mommy said Coco Puff can come up and spend the holiday with us.
How nice.

I will be making Thanksgiving dinner this year--my first time!
My mother is not a turkey fan, so I'll make a stuffed chicken instead.
I will also make baked macaroni and cheese
candied yams
sweet corn
mashed potatos--from scratch, I don't mess with that instant mess
and maybe a pie of some sort--maybe apple or cherry, not sure yet.

My mom will make African Jollof Rice to add our culture to the tradition.

I have so much to be thankful for and at times I forget to realize how blessed I am.
Thank you Lord for all that you have provided for me and those close to me.
I ask that you continue to watch over me and guide in the right direction so that I may live according to your word and way.
In your name I pray
Amen

What are you thankful for this year?



HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

Superstar Nic said...

Hey JenellyBean, I was just browsing aroung on Groove's site and I came across yours.

I have so many things to be thankful for. The first thing that comes to mind is my family and I much I love them. I’m also thankful for my health and all of the blessings (too many to name here) that the Lord has given to me.

Happy Thanksgiving!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin