June 11, 2009

Wedding Planning Part I


I have one year until I get married and the wedding planning is getting interesting. We are meeting with the Bridal Consultants tomorrow to discuss the terms of the agreement and most importantly the specifics of our wedding.

So far we have our minds made up to have a VERY small intimate barefoot Florida Beach Wedding under a beautiful bamboo canopy topped with peach colored organza. My wedding colors will be a soft gold and peach. I wish to have the aisle divided by medium height tropical plants and a white sheet aisle on top of the warm sand. I would also like to have peach colored roses delicately placed on the aisle.

I wish to have white cloth over the chairs with peach ribbon. As for music, we have decide on a steel pan musician. Following the wedding, we are planning on having a small reception in a small hall with our guests. We are planning on inviting 50 people, including the bridemaids and groomsmen. NO KIDS!

I want a simple yellow cake with no fillings or creams with soft gold colored fondant and peach flowers for decoration.

As a wedding gift, my Fiance and I wish to have our families collaborate and give us a nice down payment for our first home.

6 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Oooh Whee! That's a stressful time planning for a wedding but the end result is so beautiful. Just involve God in all your plans and he will direct your path (Proverbs 3:6). Enjoy your weekend. Peace~

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey Brother Stephen!

You are soo right. Planning can be stressful, but you know what? So far I'm just very excited and eager to do this.

Yes oh Yes we are including God in this the whole way.

Thanks!

Check out my post before this one about how my students performed.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of the families coming together for the first downpayment. Seems very very reasonable.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

I think thats the best gift they can give us.

Who are you Anonymous??

M.M.E. said...

That sounds wonderful! I love small weddings. If you're looking for someone to hand write your invitations or place cards, let me know. I'm a trained calligrapher and an illustrator. (I'm also a college student so I'm looking for a little bit of money. I'm cheap though, promise. And I am trained. Promise that too!)

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey MME!

Thanks!

Let's Keep In Touch!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin