December 13, 2005

Men Cry in the Dark by Michael Baisden



I just finished reading a book that has been sitting on my shelf since last year around this time. Men Cry in the Dark by Michael Baisden
When I first bought the book I read up to page 170 and then life got complicated with the loss of my Gramma and then trying to stay focused in school made it difficult to make time for my own leisurely reading.
So this weekend I went to go fix my car, remember my Inconvenient Convenience and all the problems I was having with it?
No?
Well click that link and familiarize yourself with my problem.
Anywho, I went to go fix my car and had the time to read the entire book. It was great. It tapped into the tender zones of men and their true inner feelings.
It also taught me a few things to look out for.
If you've read this, email me, let's chat.

So the total to fix my car was $385 beans.
Much less then what the dealer wanted to charge me and now that all this horrible snow has decided to fall I have to make sure my car is on point.
I would just hate for my breaks to malfunction on me as I'm driving home one night after work during a blizzard.
What would I say? I knew they were bad, but was too lazy to get up and go change them?

So the wheel cylinders have been changed, the rear brakes are fixed and changed, and my oil has been changed. I don't have the money for new airbags so I'm praying for God to continue watching me.

OH YEA!!!

My mother has been driving for a little over 30 years and has never had an accident.
My mother was in an accident this Saturday.
She was on her way to work in the morning and some lady rammed into her driver side door.
Her airbags didn't pop out--I guess the impact wasn't too much.
She has a lot of pain all over her body
But God is taking care of her and she is alright.

6 comments:

Superstar Nic said...

I'm glad that your mom is okay!!! I know that was scary for her.

Spelangel said...

ill be sure to send a prayer up for your family...glad your mom is okay, make sure she takes it easy...


as far as men cry in the dark...ill have to reread it....it been awhile...ill let u know...

Stephen A. Bess said...

JenellyBean-
I'm glad to hear that your mother is protected. God bless. :)

Waddie G. said...

my prayers are with you and your family...what's up with this time of the year where people are dealing with family tragedies.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Thanks Everyone.
My mother is doing very well.
She contacted our lawyer and she is not in the wrong--thank God.

She went back to work today and is happy.

Sister Spel...
I'll be waiting for you to finish so we can chat.
Hurry, I'm looking foward to it.
:-D

TRUTHZ said...

i am sure that book is fire esp seeing that maintenance man was... did you read that one cuz we can talk... but tell me why did he say men cried in the dark and not in the light..i am tired of feeling i am alone...show me some emotion

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin