July 25, 2009

8 Reasons to LOVE your body



I'm very shapely --curves and hips with a nice chest and big African booty.
I lovee the way I looked when I was 230 pounds and I love the way I look now 60 pounds lighter.

I know what it feels like to struggle with weight and I am hitting the gym to keep myself toned and in good shape, and I eat right to keep myself healthy.

But there are so many women out there that struggle with their weight--up and down.

They struggle with body image.

They struggle with burns from an accident.

They struggle with sexuality.

They struggle with who they are.

There are women out there that just can't find the beauty within themselves.

They have low self esteem.

They forget about how truly blessed they are to look differently.

Love yourself always for who you are and how God made you.

Theres only one you.

I hope this inspires someone out there.

I found this in SHAPE magazine and I wrote on each day of my daily planner to continuously inspire me to love my body for what it is.

Life is short; why spend it bashing your body? If you need help jump-starting your self aceptance, just read our list of reasons to embrace yourself-from head to toe


BECAUSE it's unique; no one else has the same one.

BECAUSE it's capable of extraordinary feats, enabling you to run, climb, jump, lift, squat, snuggle, and spoon.


BECAUSE no matter how badly you treeat it, it's willing to give you another chance.


BECAUSE it's expressive, telling you how it feels (pay attention!) and broadcasting to others how you feel about it.


BECAUSE, let's face it, confidence is pretty sexy.

BECAUSE your daughter must learn to love hers.

BECAUSE somebody out there (or many somebodies!) admires, covets, and adores it.


BECAUSE you'll regret not loving it more later.

Source: SHAPE Magazine July 2009 P25

10 comments:

Chic Mama said...

Hello

Too right , we all need to love ourselves more & appreciate what we do have rather than wasting time being unhappy . (speak for myself! LOL) Thanks for reminding me though.

:0)

Alli said...

As you know I'm battling breast cancer right now... I have stage 3 grade 3 an aggressive cancer.. I had my breast removed in April. I lost all my hair in June, neither of these have defined me less as a woman. I have a 14 inch scar on my chest where my breast used to be..
I still love my body because it's who I am....this is my battle scar not my defeat.....

Alli XXXX

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Chic Mama

Don't you ever forget that!

Alli

I love to hear you speak like this. You an your story are so powerful!

Thanks for sharing it here.

chocolate girl ..... said...

this post touched me deeply jellybean.
especially the part about someone out there loving it..i have found that special someone despite my scars and i love the fact that you put thalia on there, she inspires me. thanks, i needed that.

Luv said...

Hey Girl, this is exactly what my new blog is about...self-love...mind body and spirit..as i was sorting out all of the madness trying to get on the right path for me, i found that love kept eluding me because i wasn't loving myself... i have/had all types of body issues and well, i am working on them...
please feel free to be apart of the process..

one luv

ajgallion said...

This is a wonderful post...Everyday is an opportunity to rediscover and appreciate our beauty. Thanks!

Lara McKnight said...

Good for you, Jenelly!! Loved this post. . .and the comments that followed - Alli, go get 'em, girl. What an inspiration you are!

Roc said...

An inspiring post..
I'll be sure to send some people round to come read..
Thanks!!

PS. Try using this link to update your blog roll..

http://www.rocnaija.com/feeds/posts/default

Should work a treat.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Chocolate Girl

For the few weeks i've known you I find you to have an incredibly beautiful personlity and spirit.
You are an awesome mom, friend, and will make an awesome teacher!

Cherish yourself and the one that loves you for who you are.

Luv

I'm glad this post resignated with you. I remember all the experiences you shared on your old blog. I will definitly be here to support you through this new journey. C U Soon!

AjGallion
What you said is so true.
Everyday!

Lara

Thanks!
I agree, Alli is awesome!

RocNaija

Thanks for coming to visit. You have hundreds of people viewing your blog and for you to notice my posts and to take the time out to come here and visit me and read and share your thoughts is awesome. I appreciate the shout out too! Thanks for following me.

I was wondering why the link didn't update me. Thanks!

QueenBee said...

So true. When I was reading your blog in the beginning, I was like, "Oh snap, she is talking about me with the curves and booty and such." That would be me, and I so love it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin