July 15, 2009

Good Times


Yesterday was a beautiful day. The weather was perfect to just be outdoors.


Look at the city sky.


This is where the confusion begins, unless you're a NY'er
I got on the B35 bus to the 2/5 Church Ave train station and took the 5 train uptown to 42nd St. I hadn't planned on taking the 5 train so far, but this homeless man was talking to me and distracted me from getting off at the stop where I could transfer to the 2 train. So I took the 5 train uptown to 42nd St then I had to take the Shuttle train across town to get on the 2/3 line.
Finally I hopped on the 3 train uptown to 96th St. I went all this way to meet with two students in NYC. I'm a private tutor and the two students I worked with yesterday are sisters. The oldest is 8 the younger 6. They are very intelligent and we work on reading, spelling, writing, comprehension, and anything else in between.

After meeting with them I took the 3 train downtown to 34th St where I transferred to the 1 local train downtown to 23rd St. I did all this to go on my weekly date to the movies. I mentioned before, I have the Optimum Rewards card, which entitles me to 2 FREE movie tickets every Tuesday. I wanted to see Bruno, but when I got to the box office at 7:40pm the 8:00 and 9:15 Bruno shows were sold out. I could've waited for the 10:45 show, but that would have been crazy. So I purchased tickets to see The Proposal at 9:15.

I picked up my tickets and met my cousin at YoFruit. We chatted over frozen yogurt until it was time for our movie. My younger cousin is growing up so much.
I'm always nervous to tell family my business, but she and I have a strong bond.
The movie was good and funny.
When the movie was over, we both hopped on the 3 train downtown. I got off at 14th St and transfered to the 2 train downtown all the way to my stop, Church Ave. I then got on the B35 bus and came home to a snoring Fiance.

8 comments:

Blu Jewel said...

Sounds like a good day...coming home to a snoring fiance is hilarious.

love to live; live to love!

Mango :P said...

Dayum you just took me on a subway ride against my will. I'm so glad thats no longer my daily mode of transport.

I'll take highway traffic over hot/steamy/stinky/sweaty subways in the summer.

Hey, the 2/5.. they're the worst, but that's my subway line. lol

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey Blu!
Thanks for stopping by.
yea, it was a good day. Nothing to strenuous.
I hope you decide to Join my blog and Follow me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* Mango,

You know it's not that chaotic when you're actually in it. As far as driving goes, I grew up driving on highways out in RI, but BK doesn't allow for that at all! I miss it soo much.

I actually like the 2/5, it gets me to my usual places (34th, 42nd, 96th) very easy.
I hope you decide to Join my blog and Follow me.

QueenBee said...

I'm not a NY'er and thank goodness I'm not. You jumping from this train to this bus made my head go round in circles. Heck I'll just come and pick you up next time. A snoring fiance...Oh heck to the nawl...He should've been ready to say hey baby let's get this party started right. Anyway, cute sandals and I so love the nail polish.

Mizrepresent said...

I'm here Gurly, thanks for the invite.

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

QueenBee

Let me know when you're coming and I'll be ready. LOL

Driving in NY is sometimes worse, I have a car and I only drive it locally in Brooklyn (BK), because parking in the city (Manhattan) is horrible. If you find a spot, it costs like $1 an hour--depending on which part of the city you're in. I've seen parking meters that were $5 for 2 or 3 hours. Crazy!

Mizrepresent!

Hey Girl, thanks for coming by and stroking Me & My Ego!

Mr. and Mrs. Top Gun said...

Hi!

I found your lovely blog via Crazy Shenanigans, and wanted to say hi. The sex toy post of yours cracked me up!!! I would love if you would come check out and follow my little old blog!

Cheers!

Mrs. Top Gun

Jenell : BlakIzBeautyful said...

Hey Top Gun!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please make sure to join and Follow Me & My Ego.

I'll come and visit right now.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin